Wednesday, January 10, 2007

tt brakes finally on!

after weeks of prepping and painting my calipers i finally had a chance to get the brakes swapped. the cool thing is that i was the one doing most of the work... keith ta directed and told me what to do. we put the supra on the lift and started on it. there were a couple of visitors checking the shop out and watched me work. they also lent a hand on some tasks. however, we ran into a little snag when putting on the brake lines... I kinda stripped the bolt that connects to the brake lines. keith told me not to stress about it. it will be fix next time we do another brake thing. keith bled the brakes with my Motul 5.1 brake fluid, while i pumped the brake pedal inside the car. my leg got a pretty good work out.... it's pretty awesome working on my own car and learning a few things. i think i can be able to swap out rotors and pads next time for my brother's cars ;-) we took pictures of the upgrade, so ill post them as soon as i get them.