Sunday, December 25, 2005

HID Installation Part I

I got an instant message today from Chris aka Supra_Dupra_17 from the Supraforums. He informed me that he was in San Diego for work and had a couple hours to help me out. Originally, we planning on installing the HIDs on Monday after Christmas. So i jumped on the opportunity to see what we can do. It was halftime (Chargers vs. Chiefs) and decided to head up to Mira Mesa.This was actually the first time i met an actual supraforums member in person. i introduced myself and shoke his hand. he was pretty cool dude. so i parked the car next to his car (Black 94 Wingless Supra). i open my trunk to show him my tools and he noticed that i was missing a specific 10mm head. so we went to the nearest kragen to pick up the head.

when we got back we planned out what were going to do. he unbolted the both headlight bolts. i disconnected the battery and removed the wiring harnesses. chris and i had a hard time removing the headlights. after a few minutes of wiggling and pulling the light, they were out. i cleaned the area where i was going to mount the ballast (HID box thingys) and stuck the velcro. he plugged in the ground to the side of the car and plugged the other wire to the battery. the install looked quite easy. if i did it myself i wouldn't have known the secret to removing headlights. we were able to finish the passenger side only. he had work @ 3pm and it was 2:30 when we finished. so we put back the driver side light. so i drove home with my headlights on so i can burn in the passenger HID. i didn't know it was going to take this long to install a half an HID bulb.

to be continued on monday...