Sunday, December 03, 2006

argh!

i'm a bit bummed right now. for a while know i've been having this squeeking noise coming from the rear of my car. at first the noise wasn't so bad. it was bearable. but ever since i swapped those new wheels it seems like it has gotten louder. so last month i had my friend listen to the sound. and he told me that my rear rotors were warped and rubbing against my brake pads. so i decided to purchase a set of new slotted rotors ($180) and set of brake pads ($40). I ordered the rotors which took about 2 weeks to get to me. by this time the sound is unbearable.... it'll drive you mad if you drive next to me during slow traffic with your windows down. fast forward to yesterday i got everything installed at my friends shop which cost me another $65. when the car was all done i drove it around and the freakin noise was still there. i was so bummed and disappointed... and the guy told me that my rotors were still in good shape and didn't need to switch them out.

i was quite puzzled. what was causing this loud and annoying noise. i had my friend, the owner of the shop listen to it. and he told me it could be either a loose bushing in the differential or my wheel hub bearings. i doubt its the differential but the wheel hub bearing seems more like a logical thing. the sound is definitely coming from the wheel. so, when i got home i did a search on supraforums and searched for wheel hub bearings.... and low and behold some people have been experiencing that seem loud noise.

i'm going to have a second opinion to be sure that it's the wheel hub bearing. i dont want to be spending more money on things i currently don't need. oh well. we live and learn and not assume things. i should've just had a professional take a look at it.