Monday, May 21, 2007

stereo install

i finally got my replacement stereo unit installed today... snoop, the audio guy at the shop helped with the install. he made the install look easy. he disassembled the dash with ease. i would say it took him about an hour or so to put everything. at first we might've thought that we had the wrong wiring harness for the head unit. so i had to go to kragen. so i phoned snoop and informed him that that the harness in kragen was the same as the one i purchased from s2k jeff. he gave it a shot again and told me i wouldn't need to purchase one and told me to just buy him and the guys some food from burger king.

so when i got back from burger king they were listening to my stereo. pretty cool. so i checked everything out and everything looked okay. however, when i was fiddling with some stuff around and i noticed that my dome lights weren't working. after some quick diagnostics we found out that one of the fuses blew. snoop found a replacement and sure enough it worked.

i drove my car home with my ipod hooked up. which i might add was pretty cool. now i don't have to listen to shitty radio any more. after watchin' heros i found out another issue. i tried to play a cd but when i pressed the open button the head unit wouldn't move. for some reason it seemed stuck in one position. i also had some issues trying to detach the head unit. so i txted snoop my issues and told me that he forgot to unscrew something. hopefully tomorrow everything will be perfect.

other than that everything is fine! now im tempted to buy some nice speakers and a sub!! noooooooo