Friday, February 13, 2009

finally finished with clutch

I went back to Brad's house to finish the remaining things on the clutch job. He first put back the plastic undertray beneath the car. Then he checked both the motor oil level and the gear oil. The motor oil level was spot on. He also double checked to see if the filter was tighten. Brad wanted to top off the transmission gear oil. I had some gear left over from last light so I took a clear hose and poured the gear oil in.

I mentioned to Brad that the clutch pedal felt a light on my way home last night. He recommended that I had my clutch bled. We both went to the local Wal-mart to pick up some brake fluid.

Brad did an awesome job with the install. Everything felt great and I'm good for another 150k miles. He was very professional and knew what to do. Hopefully by then I'll have my refreshed GTE motor swapped in.