Tuesday, February 10, 2009

wet day in san diego

Yesterday was a good day to stay inside. Rain continued to pour but that didn't stop me from getting my new JL Audio C2-650x speakers installed. Originally I was going to have autofashion install them but i wanted to get quotes from other places. I didn't what the going rate to install rear speakers was.

I first called San Diego Car Stereo on Convoy. They quoted me $60+ to install. The guy recommended that I come in to get a more accurate quote. I also called two other places. However, the price to install was more than I wanted to spend. I decided to make the trip down to San Diego Car Stereo to get an accurate quote. The rain was pouring down like crazy when i left the house.

When I arrived at San Diego Car Audio one of the employees checked out the rear speaker setup. The Supra rear speakers are located on the rear panel and not in the back. To reach the speakers they would have to remove the panels, which would take some time. According to the guy it would probably take an hour or two to complete and would be $80. That price was comparable to autofashion. I decided just to find another place that would do it.

I remember seeing another car audio place on Clairmont Mesa blvd. I drove to that area and there it was Car Audio Heaven. The guy was really friendly. He came and looked at my car and said that they can do it for $65. He asked me how I was going to pay for it, cash or credit. I told him that I was going to pay with credit. The credit card system was down at the time and that they can only accept cash at the moment. So he offered to do it for $60 cash. I was all for that.

They were able to complete the install while I waited. I was surprised they got the work done in about an hour. One of the employees told me that the Porche they are currently working on is getting everything done up. The owner is putting major money on it! When you own a car like a Porche you need to go all out. I wish I can go all out on my Supra. I'm more of a budget conscious person.

The speakers sounded good but not great. I talked to a couple of my friend's about my situation and they recommended that I get an amp. An amp would provide enough to increase the the power to the speakers while making things sound clear.

So my next upgrade to my audio system will be an amp! Time to figure out which one to get now.