Friday, February 27, 2009

Tint Illegal?

I was running errands in Kearny Mesa the other day following the rules of the road. I noticed a police car pass by me at the incoming lane while I waited for my light to turn green... I didn't really thing nothing of it. I didn't break any laws or anything... All of a sudden I noticed a police car in my rear view mirror. I wasn't sure if it was the same car that passed by or just another random one. So I made my left turn and all of a sudden he his lights go on. In my mind I was thinking I didn't do anything wrong. I wasn't speeding or doing anything crazy. The police offer walks up to me and tells me that he noticed my tint on my windows. I told him that my windows were rolled down but for some reason he saw it? He asked me to roll it up and tells me that its illegal to have them. He then asks for my license, registration and proof of insurance. His partner was complimenting me about the car and asking all these questions...

The police offer complimented me on my Recaro Red Seats. He wanted to know how much I got them for. Then he goes about asking whether my rear spoiler is factory. And who does my work on my car. The funny thing is that he was asking if I tricked out my car by adding headers and other performance mods. I had a suspicion that he was trying to integrate me to the point where he might have to pop open my hood. I told him my car is stock and I didn't mod anything. And he then tells this one story about his girlfriend in high school had a supra... BLAH BLAH BLAH.

After that weird conversation was all done they handed me a ticket for the tint and not having my front license plate. Bummer!